As a business owner, I understand all the demands on your time. I understand all the time spent away from your family when all you want to do is spend your time with them. I understand the stresses of feeling like you must do everything yourself.
Guess what? You DON’T have to do it all yourself. There are a multitude of people out there just chomping at the bit to help you grow your business while you spend more time with your family or go shopping or anything else you want to spend time doing. These people go by a lot of different titles: virtual assistant, web designer, marketing professional. Whatever title they go by, they are here to make your life easier. Below are five tasks you can delegate to grow your business.
- Website Design. Whether you are wanting your website done thru WordPress, Squarespace, or using HTML, not everyone has the time or skills to build a quality website. That is where hiring someone to help can come in handy. They will take your vision of what you want your site to look like and bring it into reality. Just make sure that you find the right person for the job, one that is skilled in the platform you want your site built on.
- Marketing. Whether you are looking for social media marketing, Facebook ads, Google ads, or help with writing newsletters, having someone do it for you could be very helpful. Keep in mind that not everyone is well versed in every aspect of marketing. What does that mean for you? Unless you are hiring a marketing firm, you may need to hire more than one person.
- General administration. There are so many things that must be taken care of daily in any business: emails to answer or delete, phone calls to make, files to manage, people to follow up with, paperwork to do. However, there is just one of you, so how do you keep up with it all? You delegate, of course! Find someone with a proven track record and have them help with all the general administrative tasks you don’t have time for.
- Landing pages/funnels. Funnels can be a tricky thing to get right. You need a beautiful and well converting landing page with a possible upsell, then you need a series of well designed emails. On average, it takes someone between 6 and 8 contacts for some someone to become a customer. What does that mean? You need to have a funnel in place to keep popping up on their radar.
- Blog and article writing. Not everyone is cut out to be an author and that’s ok. Some people love to write and others hate it, so why not hire someone who loves it to do it for you? When hiring someone to write for you, make sure that they have a good portfolio of work relevant to what they would be doing for you. That way, you know that you like their writing style and that it meshes with your business.
That is just a small sampling of all the things that you can delegate. Whether you are just a one-man business or have several people working for you, delegating is extremely important. After all, you don’t want to burnout!
Melleigha Nichols is a virtual assistant and owner of Moonglow Co. She strives to provide quality help to female entrepreneurs and coaches so that they may grow their businesses while spending more time doing what they love. When not working tirelessly for her clients, Melleigha enjoys spending time with her family and pets, reading a good book, and watching competitive reality television.